Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK)
Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) is a legislatively mandated program designed to prepare every child in Florida for kindergarten and build the foundation for their educational success. The VPK program provides 540 hours of instruction during a school year or 300 hours in summer.
VPK provides each child an opportunity to perform better in school and throughout life with quality programs that include high literacy standards, accountability, appropriate curricula, substantial instruction periods, manageable class sizes, and qualified instructors.
All eligible children are entitled to participate in one of the VPK program options. It’s FREE to parents.
Fall 2017 and Spring 2018:
– Child must be 4 years old by September 1st and will be starting Kindergarten in the Fall 2018
- Child has not attended a VPK program during the school year 2016-2017
- Child must be 5 years old by September 1st and will be starting Kindergarten in the Fall of 2017
VPK Program Options – to meet your needs.
- FREE: 3 Hours in the Morning (August-May)
- FREE: 3 Hours in the Afternoon (August-May)
- FREE: 6 Hours Fall VPK (August-December)
- FREE: 6 Hours Spring VPK (January-May)
- FREE: 6 Hours Summer VPK (June-July)
- VPK w/ Wrap-Around Care (full year) – Additional Cost